By the Blouin News World staff

VIDEO: Social innovation making a real impact

by in U.S..

It is easier and more effective to do good when others lend their support and expertise for the cause. This is the principle behind NYC’s Centre for Social Innovation (CSI). “We are a shared work space for people trying to make the world a better place,” said managing director David Gise.¬†Of their 200 tenant organizations working towards a diverse range of noble aims, 60% are non-profit and the other 40% are different types of private actors. The NYC branch of CSI opened in 2013, and this April they launched the Women’s Lab, which is filling up quickly. “This sector is exploding,” Gise emphasized.